Bloodstone has an amazing colour combination of healing greens and rich and earthy red. The splashes of red all over this gem are believed to embody life. It is a powerful talisman of good health and long life. Bloodstone is a powerful healer that grounds and protects. It promotes self-reliance and the ability to adapt to changing circumstances. It is a stone of courage and was used in the past to strengthen the resolve of warriors. It will help you to present and be fully attentive to the here and now, and feel confident and comfortable in yourself and your body. It is known to calm emotions, dispel negative emotions and improve decision making. Bloodstone is compatible with the zodiac sign of Sagittarius, Pisces and Libra. You can read more about bloodstone here.
These magnificent bloodstone beads can be used as a beautiful accessory to an outfit or the 108 beads can be used as mala beads for mindfulness during meditation and mantras. However the beads are used, they are a beautiful way to give an intention or blessing for courage, confidence and action.
These stones are ethically sourced and have been created by a small and highly skilled group of bead-making artisans. They continue to practice a craft first used during the Indus Valley Civilisation, over 5000 years ago. Each sale supports sustainable income and fair living wages for these artisan communities. Your purchase also supports the preservation of ancient culture and craft. Read more about our artisan partners here or see the rest of our crystal gifts here.
Please note: Our gemstones are natural materials and each gemstone is unique. Stone shape, size & colours may vary slightly from piece to piece
- Ships from Ambarya. A small social business in Melbourne.
- Ethically handmade by traditional bead artisans
- Natural Bloodstone beads 8mm diameter
- Necklace; 108 beads. Approx length 46cm length (beads); Tassel length 10cm
- Includes jewellery pouch and card
Our mala bead sets are high-quality pieces, handmade with care. However, we recommend looking after your beads to support their longevity.
- It’s best not to wear the beads in the shower or for swimming regularly.
- Avoid wearing them when you sleep or during exercise as they may get caught on something and break.
- Avoid exposure to chemicals or perfumes
- Keep the beads in the pouch when you are not wearing or using them
If your beads are a little dirty from general wear, you can gently rinse them under warm water. Avoid using any types of chemicals on your mala beads. If you want to freshen up the tassel, you can do this by wetting the tassel and gently combing the strands while still slightly damp. Allow the tassel to dry.