Choose mookaite mala beads for the friend who is ready to spring into action in 2022, and embark on new adventures and activities. Mookaite is associated with the sign on Leo the lion, and is said to enhance the wearer’s connection with animals. With our mookaite mala beads, you can give the gift of confidence, helping your loved one to face all of the new opportunities and challenges that the new year brings. Mookaite has both earthy and fiery qualities and will help with both grounding and energising activities. You can read more about Mookaite here.
These colourful mookaite beads can be used as a beautiful accessory to an outfit or the 108 beads can be used as mala beads for mindfulness during meditation and mantras. However the beads are used, they are a beautiful way to give an intention or blessing for action, adventure and grounding.
These stones are ethically sourced and have been created by a small and highly skilled group of bead-making artisans. They continue to practice a craft first used during the Indus Valley Civilisation, over 5000 years ago. Each sale supports sustainable income and fair living wages for these artisan communities. Your purchase also supports the preservation of ancient culture and craft. Read more about our artisan partners here or see the rest of our crystal gifts here.
Please note: Our gemstones are natural materials and each gemstone is unique. Stone shape, size & colors may vary slightly from piece to piece
- Ships from Ambarya. A small social business in Melbourne.
- Ethically handmade by traditional bead artisans
- Natural Mookaite beads 8mm diameter
- Necklace; 108 beads. Approx length 46cm length (beads); Tassel length 10cm
- Bracelet; 23-24 beads. Approx. 8cm width. Strung with an elastic band to fit the wrist.
- Includes jewellery pouch and card
Our mala bead sets are high quality pieces, handmade with care. However we recommend looking after your beads to support their longevity.
- It’s best not to wear the beads in the shower or for swimming regularly.
- Avoid wearing them when you sleep or during exercise as they may get caught on something and break.
- Bracelets should be gently rolled on and off the wrist. Avoid pulling on the elastic cord, as it can weaken over time.
- Avoid exposure to chemicals or perfumes
- Keep the beads in the pouch when you are not wearing or using them
If your beads are a little dirty from general wear, you can gently rinse it under warm water. Avoid using any types of chemicals on your mala beads. If you want to freshen up the tassel, you can do this by wetting the tassel and gently combing the strands while still slightly damp. Allow the tassel to dry.