A statement piece of wearable art.
This dramatic and textured bag is a great choice for those who like something a little unconventional. Made with pure leather, it has been hand embroidered with silver and golden thread. This technique is called Jari Kaam in the local language. It was used long-ago to decorate the shoes of kings and queens, and adorn their ornate horse riding gear. This bag is all worked by hand, fully lined and with two zip pockets, one interior and one exterior. It’s a high quality bag that's made to last and is anything but boring.
As this is a natural product, it has individual, unique characteristics and markings of the natural hide…no two pieces will ever be the same. These natural markings are a feature of genuine leather and make your bag distinctive. Your special bag is truly one of a kind.
This bag is crafted by the leather artisans of Kutch using traditional techniques. Your purchase supports these makers and helps protect ancient crafts, keeping them alive. You can read more here or view the rest of our tote bags, shoulder bags and crossbody bags here
- Genuine leather handbag
- Carefully handcrafted by the leather artisans of Kutch using traditional techniques
- No 10x markup, ensuring fair pay goes to the makers
- Featuring beautiful jat hand embroidery and jari work
- Shoulder carry
- Adjustable strap
- Fully lined
- 2 pockets: 1x interior zip pocket and 1 x front exterior zip pocket
- Button closure to keep items safe
- Due to its handcrafted nature bags may differ slightly, making every purchase unique
Approx. (LxHxW) 24cm x 28cm x 10cm
Pockets approx. (LxH) interior 20cm x 20cm, exterior 22cm x 22cm
Leather strap min length 107cm max length 127cm
Avoid water and soap. Use dry soft cotton cloth to dust, keep in a cool dry place when not in use.