This is a stone that unites logic and intuition. Sodalite enables the wearer to think objectively about their future and encourages the ability to enquire within. It shows what lies beneath the surface and shines a light on what has been hidden or obscured. It helps to banish worry and anxiety, confusion and emotional discomfort. It has a calming effect when worn or used during mediation, and can help you to achieve peaceful and restorative sleep. This is a perfect stone for those who work with others because it brings harmony and solidarity of purpose and trust and companionship between members. Sodalite aligns with the sign of Sagittarius. You can read more about sodalite here.
These harmonious sodalite stone beads can be used as a beautiful accessory to an outfit or the 108 beads can be used as mala beads for mindfulness during meditation and mantras. However the beads are used, they are a beautiful way to give an intention or blessing for clarity, emotional balance, intuition and truth.
These stones are ethically sourced and have been created by a small and highly skilled group of bead-making artisans. They continue to practice a craft first used during the Indus Valley Civilisation, over 5000 years ago. Each sale supports sustainable income and fair living wages for these artisan communities. Your purchase also supports the preservation of ancient culture and craft. Read more about our artisan partners here or see the rest of our crystal gifts here.
Please note: Our gemstones are natural materials and each gemstone is unique. Stone shape, size & colours may vary slightly from piece to piece
- Ships from Ambarya. A small social business in Melbourne.
- Ethically handmade by traditional bead artisans
- Natural Sodalite beads 8mm diameter
- Necklace; 108 beads. Approx length 46cm length (beads); Tassel length 10cm
- Includes jewellery pouch and card
Our mala bead sets are high-quality pieces, handmade with care. However, we recommend looking after your beads to support their longevity.
- It’s best not to wear the beads in the shower or for swimming regularly.
- Avoid wearing them when you sleep or during exercise as they may get caught on something and break.
- Avoid exposure to chemicals or perfumes
- Keep the beads in the pouch when you are not wearing or using them
If your beads are a little dirty from general wear, you can gently rinse them under warm water. Avoid using any types of chemicals on your mala beads. If you want to freshen up the tassel, you can do this by wetting the tassel and gently combing the strands while still slightly damp. Allow the tassel to dry.