The striking mix of pink and green in unakite symbolise strong, harmonious relationships, and is helpful wherever positive personal interactions are important. It helps to support a tolerant attitude and can promote understanding of another person's point of view. It balances relationships through the healthy expression of emotions. Unakite is also known as the stone of vision, balancing emotions with spirituality. It can also symbolise rebirth and transformation. It is a lovely gift for a woman who has experienced major change in her life- from reaching womanhood, to becoming a mother or at the commencement of menopause. Unakite corresponds to the zodiac sign of Scorpio and Cancer. You can read more about Unakite here.
These soothing unakite beads can be used as a beautiful accessory to an outfit or the 108 beads can be used as mala beads for mindfulness during meditation and mantras. However the beads are used, they are a beautiful way to give an intention or blessing for grounding, openness, insight and balance.
These stones are ethically sourced and have been created by a small and highly skilled group of bead-making artisans. They continue to practice a craft first used during the Indus Valley Civilisation, over 5000 years ago. Each sale supports sustainable income and fair living wages for these artisan communities. Your purchase also supports the preservation of ancient culture and craft. Read more about our artisan partners here or see the rest of our crystal gifts here.
Please note: Our gemstones are natural materials and each gemstone is unique. Stone shape, size & colours may vary slightly from piece to piece
- Ships from Ambarya. A small social business in Melbourne.
- Ethically handmade by traditional bead artisans
- Natural Unakite beads 8mm diameter
- Necklace; 108 beads. Approx length 46cm length (beads); Tassel length 10cm
- Bracelet; 23-24 beads. Approx. 8cm width. Strung with an elastic band to fit the wrist.
- Includes jewellery pouch and card
Our mala bead sets are high-quality pieces, handmade with care. However we recommend looking after your beads to support their longevity.
- It’s best not to wear the beads in the shower or for swimming regularly.
- Avoid wearing them when you sleep or during exercise as they may get caught on something and break.
- Bracelets should be gently rolled on and off the wrist. Avoid pulling on the elastic cord, as it can weaken over time.
- Avoid exposure to chemicals or perfumes
- Keep the beads in the pouch when you are not wearing or using them
If your beads are a little dirty from general wear, you can gently rinse them under warm water. Avoid using any types of chemicals on your mala beads. If you want to freshen up the tassel, you can do this by wetting the tassel and gently combing the strands while still slightly damp. Allow the tassel to dry.